To ensure the safety of both students and instructors and to maximize the potential for learning by more closely matching the vehicle to the participant’s ability, the NEQ enforces the following requirements:
- Non-solo applicants - Those drivers who have not soloed at NEQ events.
- Vehicle must be Registered and Street Legal
- Vehicle must be insured
- Vehicle must have DOT legal tires with a minimum treadwear rating of 140. Vehicles that were factory equipped with DOT tires treadwear rated at less than 140 are exempt from this rule.
- Solo applicants
- Vehicle must have DOT legal tires
- Any tires acceptable
- All convertibles must meet ACNA requirements for open top cars (see "Open Top Cars")
- Lap and Shoulder Belts
- Required for driver and passenger, both must be fully functional.
- Aftermarket seat belts must be installed in compliance with manufacturers’ installation instructions.
- Equal restraints must be provided for both the passenger and the driver. For example, harnesses with 4, 5, or 6 point mounts used by the driver, must also be provided for the front seat passenger.
- Non-factory restraint belts must carry a current SFI or FIA certification.
- Non-factory restraint systems may not be used beyond the expiration date printed on the belt.
- SUVs are only allowed at Winter Driving Schools
Next Section: Clothing
our first winter school for 2020, the Artie Mayhew Memorial. The day includes exercises in the AM designed to improve your car handling skills on low friction surfaces followed by lapping on a prepared track in the PM.
NEQ is pleased to announce our Second winter school for 2020 on Lake Algonquin, Wells NY. This event is open to all members and non- members interested in honing their low friction driving skills.
Here’s what we know so far,
5/14-16 – Lime Rock Park,
6/1-2 Watkins Glen,
8/3-4 Watkins Glen II
9/14-15 is New Jersey Motorsports Park